Friday, July 8, 2011

book club friday!!



it's book club friday yo! yippee! yes, i do get this excited over books. i'm a nerd. deal with it people! i'm hooking up with heather again from blonde...undercover blonde.
so, last time i linked up i was just starting this book

i really really liked this book, but it didn't start getting really good until almost halfway through. it had great love stories and also the very real dynamics of a mother/daughter relationship. in my opinion that relationship is the most intense relationship there is. during my first pregnancy when i found out i was having a girl i immediately started praying and now having 2 girls, i know why i did that. my relationship w/ my first daughter esp. is so hard. she makes me work mentally and emotionally, but i guess i wouldn't have it any other way. she's awesome.
anyhoo, back to the book. it was really good. i would recommend it. so much so that i'm now reading this...


i thought i was gonna be reading the midwife's confession next, but when i went to retrieve it from my pile of books waiting to be read i found that i wasn't there. i searched and searched and realized i had never ordered it from my trusty barnesandnoble.com. so that's what i did. and while i wait i'll be reading the lovely book aforementioned.

unlike before my daughters, family tree starts out with a bang. in the first 15 pages we find out that a happily married white couple who conceived a baby the old fashioned way (and there was no affair) give birth to a black baby girl. say what?? exactly. it had me at the cover really. so once i'm done here, i will finally get around to the midwife's confession. ya'll know i've been dying to get my hands on that bad boy.

have a great weekend and head on over to heather's blog and tell me what you're reading!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, what?! Okay, now I'm interested! Let me know what you think when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm totally wanting to read these books now!!

    Heather
    http://anewheather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete